Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 2016
More than 100 presentations on road safety from more than 30 countries accepted! See full conference programme below.
Opening session speakers
- Dr. Magnus Hjälmdahl, Chairman of RS5C Organising Committee, VTI, Sweden
- Mr. Jonas Bjelfvenstam, Director General VTI, Sweden
- Prof. Marcio de Almeida D’Agosto, President ANPET, Brazil
- Mr. Valter Casimiro, Director General DNIT, Brazil
- Ms. Corina Puppo, Technical Secretary OISEVI, Argentina
Key note speakers
- Traffic Violations: Causes and Cures, Dr. Sonja Forward, VTI, Sweden
- Pro-active Road Safety Research and Application Including the Use of Big Data, Prof. Mohamed Abdel-Aty, University of Central Florida, USA
- Next Steps When Improving Road Safety in Low-And Middle-Income Countries, Prof. Emeritus Fred Wegman, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Road Safety in Latin-America,
Ms. Hilda Maria Gómez, CAF, Colombia
- Benchmarking on Road Safety in Latin America, hosted by ITF/OISEVI/FIA.
- Road User Behavioral Issues, hosted by ICTCT.
- Safe Road Design and Maintenance hosted by FERSI/FEHRL.
- Assessing Driving Ability, Vehicle Adaptation and Driver Training – Can Simulators Contribute? Hosted by VTI.
- The Importance of Road Infrastructure Safety in Achieving the SDG Goals, hosted by iRAP.