VTI is a national institute with a pronounced international connection. Our national and international networks and alliances is a guarantee for breadth and width in our knowledge and our research.
We have a close co-operation with universities in Sweden, who are engaged in related research and education.
- Human–Machine Interaction – (HMI) in Transport. Appointed in collaboration with Linköping University.
- Highway engineering. Appointed in collaboration with Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) and the University of Iceland.
- Environmental analysis with focus on transports. Appointed in collaboration with Chalmers.
- Transport economics. Appointed in collaboration with Linköping University.
- Traffic safety with focus on injury prevention. Appointed in collaboration with Chalmers.
We have a well established international cooperation and competence, often requested outside of Sweden. We take part in EU funded projects, we are engaged in organisational networks, participate in scientific committees, bilateral collaborations and international work concerning standardization.
International networks in which VTI participate:
- CEDR, Conference of European Directors of Roads
- FEHRL, Forum of European national highway research laboratories
- ECTRI, European conference of transport research institutes
- FERSI, Forum of European road safety research institutes
- HUMANIST, Virtual Centre of Excellence
- ITF, International Transport Forum
- GRSP, Global road safety partnership
- ISO, International Organization for Standardization
- CEN, European Committee for Standardization
- IRTAD, International Traffic Safety Data and Analysis Group (under OECD/ITF)
- ERPUG, European Road Profile Users’ Group
- CTS, China Sweden Research Centre for Traffic Safety
- NVF, The Nordic Road Association
- PIARC, World road association
- TRB, Transport Research Board
- ETSC, European transport safety council
- ITRD, International Transport Research Documentation (under OECD/ITF)
- JTRC, Joint OECD-ECMT transport research centre