VTI is a national institute with a pronounced international connection. Our national and international networks and alliances is a guarantee for breadth and width in our knowledge and our research.
We have a close co-operation with universities in Sweden, who are engaged in related research and education. The institute is allowed, according to it’s instruction, to employ five professors.
- Human–Machine Interaction – (HMI) in Transport. Appointed in collaboration with Linköping University.
- Transport economics. Appointed in collaboration with Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
- Highway engineering. Appointed in collaboration with Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) and the University of Iceland.
- Environmental analysis with focus on transports. Appointed in collaboration with Chalmers.
- Transport economics. Appointed in collaboration with Linköping University.
- Traffic safety with focus on injury prevention. Appointed in collaboration with Chalmers.
We have a well established international cooperation and competence, often requested outside of Sweden. We take part in EU funded projects, we are engaged in organisational networks, participate in scientific committees, bilateral collaborations and international work concerning standardization.
International networks in which VTI participate:
- FEHRL – Forum of European national highway research laboratories
- ECTRI – European conference of transport research institutes
- FERSI – Forum of European road safety research institutes
- NVF – Nordiskt vägforum
- PIARC – World road association
- TRB – Transport Research Board
- GRSP – Global road safety partnership
- CEN – European Committee for Standardization
- IRTAD – International Traffic Safety Data and Analysis Group (under OECD/ITF)
- ITRD – International Transport Research Documentation (under OECD/ITF)
- JTRC – The joint OECD-ECMT transport research centre
- CEDR– Conference of European Directors of Roads
- HUMANIST – Virtual Centre of Excellence.
- ISO – International Organization for Standardization
- CTS – China Sweden Research Centre for Traffic Safety
- Nordic Road and Transport Research
Please contact me for further information: