Road material laboratory
VTI's road material laboratory carries out testing and analysis on all types of road materials, from asphalt, binders, aggregate materials and other unbound materials for use as bearing layers and reinforcing layers, to bridge insulating materials. The laboratory also carries out testing of alternatives, such as for example various types of slag, ash, and crushed concrete.
The laboratory is accredited for the most frequently occurring test methods in the road-building industry, according to SS-EN ISO/IEC 17025 (SWEDAC nr 1132).
VTI performs accredited testing impartially and with confidentially according to EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and legal and authority requirements.
The tasks which we perform range from individual tests to damage investigations and major research projects.
The fact that we are a laboratory in a research institute means that we have access to broad competencies in road-building technology. We can therefore assist our clients by recommending appropriate studies even when very specific problems and issues arise.
We offer, among other things, the following:
- routine testing
- functional testing of asphalt
- testing of alternative road materials
- testing of bridge insulation systems and de-icing agents
- production management and quality control
- damage investigations, and investigations in connection with disputes
- investigation of tar problems, with a holistic approach to sampling, testing and evaluation of tar-containing deposits
- ynamic three-dimensional testing, and testing of unbound materials, e.g. bearing and reinforcing layers, and alternative materials
- permeability determination
- evaluation and proportioning of materials.
Price list Laboratory testing , 406 kB.
(Valid from 25/3/2020)