Quality Assurance and the Environment
At VTI, the Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute, we continuously work to make improvements in matters related to quality and to the environment. It is a testament to our ambition that our quality management system, which encompasses the entirety of our activities, is certified according to the international ISO 9001 quality management standard. As part of our environmental efforts, we are also certified according to the international ISO 14001 environmental management standard.
RISE certificate decision ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 for VTI:
Search VTI´s ceritificate on certifiering.nu External link.
Certain test methods at our labs for crash safety testing and road materials testing are accredited by Swedac, the Swedish Board for Accreditation and Conformity Assessment.
Swedac’s accreditation decision for VTI:
Swedac’s accreditation decision for VTI on Swedac's website (in Swedish External link.
Excerpt from VTI’s Quality Assurance Policy and Environmental Policy
- VTI will, as an important resource in the transport sector, contribute to the attainment of the transport policy objectives.
- VTI will work to deliver high quality services and products in a timely manner that meet the needs and expectations of our principle/customers, in accord with agreed requirements.
- VTI will be a competent and attractive party engaged in applied research, development and testing within the road and freight transport sector.
- VTI’s environmental work focuses on both direct and indirect environmental impacts.
Concerning its direct environmental impact, VTI
- integrates environmental considerations into decisions
- considers a life cycle perspective when purchasing
- ensures its employees travel sustainably on work-related trips
- conserves energy and other resources
- integrates environmental considerations when conducting its procurements and
- imposes requirements relating to the environment whenever possible
- takes measures to prevent pollution
- limits the use of hazardous substances.
Concerning its indirect environmental impact, VTI contributes, via expertise, joint collaborations and independence, to knowledge and the dissemination and transfer of knowledge within the environmental field.
VTI shall act in accordance with binding requirements in statutes and regulations, and in accordance with other environmental requirements that concern us.