VTI is a national institute with a pronounced international connection. Our national and international networks and alliances is a guarantee for breadth and width in our knowledge and our research.
We have a close co-operation with universities in Sweden, who are engaged in related research and education.
- Human–Machine Interaction – (HMI) in Transport. Appointed in collaboration with Linköping University.
- Highway engineering. Appointed in collaboration with Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) and the University of Iceland.
- Environmental analysis with focus on transports. Appointed in collaboration with Chalmers.
- Transport economics. Appointed in collaboration with Linköping University.
- Traffic safety with focus on injury prevention. Appointed in collaboration with Chalmers.
We have a well established international cooperation and competence, often requested outside of Sweden. We take part in EU funded projects, we are engaged in organisational networks, participate in scientific committees, bilateral collaborations and international work concerning standardization.
International networks in which VTI participate:
- CEDR, Conference of European Directors of Roads External link.
- FEHRL, Forum of European national highway research laboratories External link.
- ECTRI, European conference of transport research institutes
- FERSI, Forum of European road safety research institutes External link.
- HUMANIST, Virtual Centre of Excellence External link.
- ITF, International Transport Forum External link.
- GRSP, Global road safety partnership External link.
- ISO, International Organization for Standardization External link.
- CEN, European Committee for Standardization External link.
- IRTAD, International Traffic Safety Data and Analysis Group (under OECD/ITF) External link.
- ERPUG, European Road Profile Users’ Group External link.
- CTS, China Sweden Research Centre for Traffic Safety External link.
- NVF, The Nordic Road Association External link.
- PIARC, World road association External link.
- TRB, Transport Research Board External link.
- ETSC, European transport safety council External link.
- ITRD, International Transport Research Documentation (under OECD/ITF) External link.
- JTRC, Joint OECD-ECMT transport research centre External link.